State of VT Department of Health, IT section

Current Employee - Systems Analyst II in Burlington, VT
Current Employee - Systems Analyst II in Burlington, VT

I have been working at State of Vermont full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like it here quite a bit. The people are very nice. I work in the IT department and there are many opportunities to take classes to get certifications.

Cons

I would like it if the pay could be higher in State government in general.

Advice to Management

I really like the supervisors here.

Other Employee Reviews for State of Vermont

1. Helping adults with disabilities daily to achieve their work goals is an honor; I'm thrilled to be part of the process!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Pros

Outstanding colleagues Opportunities for growth Amazing information sharing Everyday there is an opportunity to help others. The work is interesting, challenging and varies from day-to-day. Non-judgmental atmosphere Very supportive environment Open to suggestions and ideas

Cons

Sometimes clients are difficult. When that happens, that's when the real challenges happen! There are plenty of rules and regulations overall, (as there should be given the nature of our business), but some seemingly basic protocols would ease some tensions. This is more an over-sight than management not wanting to offer them.

2. Great place to work but growth is limited as most positions are held by employees for years

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Montpelier, VT
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Montpelier, VT

Pros

The PEOPLE!, hands down, I enjoyed the people I worked with but professionally there was not room for me to grow

Cons

Slow to change or update policy but that may have more to do with lack of funds than anything else.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure who can fund raise but maybe turn some attention to that so that funds does not remain the issue holding all departments back