There are newer employer reviews for Station Casinos

I had a very long and happy career with Station Casinos.

Former Employee - PBX Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - PBX Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Station Casinos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There was great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

There were no cons at my position.

Advice to Management

None at t his time to express.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Horrifying

Former Employee - Department Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Station Casinos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits, employee meals, free t shirt on my birthday

Cons

A lot of backstabbing from managers in other departments. Thrown into management position with no training,worked hard, but group of managers from other departments continually undermining, and went as far to continually throw frivolous accusations around. I left because I left Vegas for a few years. They promised me in a meeting and in writing I could come back anytime. I was out of state tending to an ill parent for a fee years while gaining new experience at a five star five diamond resort, as well as another four star resort. I bought my mother a house amongst doing other great things. At the five star resort I received a prestigious reward, during the same period we were rated the number one hotel in the country When I returned to Las Vegas I re-applied for my old job and never heard anything from them. I could no longer wait, so had to accept an offer at the other company. The people at Stayions when I re-applied were mean and callous, laughing at me from another room, and only thing said by them during interview, "you should have never left in the first place" Former associates at Stations rather than embracing my growth, changes, and accomplishments were instead mean, un- professional, and invalidating, trying to cling to the past instead of what I had become. At my new job people approached me with things said by Station employees that were not true, ie, you got fired there, etc. I left with two weeks notice given and served, plus letters of recommendation. I applied several more times ovet the years to Stations, but was just ignored and given the run around. Also how did Station people know about my new job when I told nobody at Stations? Seems they were keeping tabs on me while giving me the run around. People I didnt even know approached me at the new job with this info. This nonsense goes on all over Vegas. Well Stations you screwed me hard, dragged me back here cross country to only re-nig on your written promises and more. Well it is time the world knew. I tried to be nice, but that didn't work. I wrote your CEO a letter and no response. You have nobody to blame but yourselves for this less than stellar review.

Advice to Management

You can learn a lot from what I just wrote. Learn to care more about people.

2. Was a great company to work for

I worked at Station Casinos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great people

Cons

Worked a lot of hours, was part of layoffs

Advice to Management

Do not outsource, local companies build on the fat tthat they love locals and you look bad when you outsource your operations, instead of hiring great locals.