Statoil

www.statoil.com
  www.statoil.com
There are newer employer reviews for Statoil

Excellent compensation, benefits and training

Current Employee - Drilling Engineer
Current Employee - Drilling Engineer

I have been working at Statoil

Pros

Excellent pay, one of the highest starting salaries in the oil industry
High level of respect between coworkers, very ethical and high moral standards
Excellent training, both regarding the drilling field and general management
Large amount of freedom to do extra training modules that are not requisite of the position

Cons

very strict rules, often good, but at times overbearing, such as not being able to work longer than specified work week without asking permission to work overtime.

Really can not think of much feedback, as I'm very happy with the company and work, only potential improvement would be in making it easier for junior employees to obtain international positions.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Statoil (View Most Recent)

Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Statoil

Pros

Great culture and benefits.
    Ability to drive your own career.

Cons

Everything has to go through multiple memos and approvals in the Houston office as well as in Norway offices.
    Decisions are not made quickly and require consensus.

Very Technologically advanced, not really a "feel good" company

I worked at Statoil full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, time off, pay. If that's all you need to be satisfied, this is a great place to be.

Cons

Some positions are very boxy and don't offer any variety. You are not allowed to take on responsibilities not in your job description without permission from higher ups which I think discourages teamwork.
    Major bureaucracy.
    Rules are not meant to be broken. When they say that you have to have certain qualifications for a position, they will not bend that rule, no matter how good you might be at the job without the certification. They would allow me to do all of the work for the position, even giving me bigger and more complex tasks but staunchly refusing to promote because I hadn't been to college.
    Very slanted toward the Norwegians - that's who you'll find in most of the management positions, and their opinion for the most part is that Americans don't really know how to do anything the right way. If you don't mind being treated like an idiot day in and day out, then this is the place for you.`

Remember that you are the foreigner. You are coming to this country to do business, you DO need to take on some of the peculiarities of the region, you need to embrace us as much as you need for us to embrace you.. Don't have to be so abrasive.

There are newer employer reviews for Statoil