Statoil

www.statoil.com

Great benefits, mediocre operations

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood salary, great other compensation if you're around long enough to be vested. Great insurance and other benefits. Flexible work schedule, generally decent work/life balance and enjoyable atmosphere to work in.

ConsLack of leadership in the US area, and some questionable decisions on who they've placed in certain job roles. Recent change to overall corporate growth strategy has created some uncertainty, although ultimately could be good for the company. If you're not Norwegian there's little opportunity for advancement. They're currently outsourcing some job areas so it's difficult to recommend that anyone leave a job they're happy with to come here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide on a clear strategy for the company, specifically the US, and put the right people in place to accomplish that vision in the right manner.

Phenomenal company to work for!

Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Statoil full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great salary and benefits they p ay 100% of all medical and dental insurance at the PPO level. They also offer insurance for elderly… Cons: Not much room for growth and development Advice to Senior Management: Continue to create opportunities for advancement and growth. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company incompetent people

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at Statoil full-time

Pros: Salary, Bonus, Insurance, 50% discount at the cafĂ©, way too… Cons: open plan office, too noisy, no professionalism, lazy employees, no accountability, management/ managers and… Advice to Senior Management: Norway executive management to make employees accountable in achieving results. Get rid of lazy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Statoil.

Worked for Statoil? Contribute to the Community!