Stax, Inc.

www.stax.com
  www.stax.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stax, Inc.

Stax Inc. is a glorified telemarketing research firm... I hope you like annoying people!

Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Stax, Inc.

Pros

Good pay if you work on an hourly basis. You can negotiate your starting hourly rate. They start at $20/hour for unqualified people and go up to about $80 an hour. (Don't settle for $20)

Cons

Your really a telemarketer if you are not full-time. Not a lot of thinking required and very boring. Managers are not really intelligent beings.

Restructure your business and hire smart and talented people.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Stax, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Stax Culture

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Stax, Inc.

Pros

You get some space at the company; they expect you to fully be on top of your workload, so you do not have someone looking over your shoulder or interfering with your projects often.

Very friendly, smaller offices and company at large.

Cons

Extremely political climate, where the stereotype of 'It's not what you know, but who you know" fits.

Take input from down the ladder a more seriously - management can be wrong at times too.

Better than average.

Former Employee - Good for the Medium-Term. in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Good for the Medium-Term. in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Stax, Inc.

Pros

Small organization, good location, potentially interesting client engagements. Many friendly individuals. You'll learn a lot.

Cons

Benefits are terrible. Face time is critical. Sometimes very political culture. Training and development, when I was there, was sorely lacking. Management rarely if ever took the time to mentor people lower down on the ladder. I tried, but then there are too many politics, so mentoring becomes difficult.

Be less secretive. Don't behave as though the firm is in the business of saving Earth from certain doom.

There are newer employer reviews for Stax, Inc.