There are newer employer reviews for Steak n Shake

Great Experience

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Steak n Shake

Pros

Full benefits on day 1. I got the salary I asked for. I have a 5 day work week and If I pick up any extra shifts I get paid for those days on top of my salary. Bonus is easily achievable. Im very pleased to be working there!

Cons

Insurance is ok but could be better. I have great hourly employees who have poor benefits and absolutely no raises in pay regardless of tenure.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Steak n Shake (View Most Recent)

Horrible, Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - General Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Steak n Shake

Pros

- Some good employees and managers
    - Decent quality food for a reasonable price

Cons

Ridiculous amount of paperwork, long hours with little to no respect from the incompetent upper management team,
    Customer satisfaction system where you're guilty until proven innocent, the most insane management style I have seen in over 20 years of restaurant management experience
    Bonus system targets are almost impossible to reach, high turnover of managers (that's if they can even get managers)
    Work at least 70 hours a week and management expectation is that you're available even on vacations and days off
    I could go on and on, but recommend anyone considerating working at Steak N Shake to look at other alternatives unless your completely desperate

What a joke of management style. Only thing this management cares about is reaching their numbers so they can fill their pockets with bonuses, no respect or care for the team which makes it all possible from them to even get a bonus. Good luck to anyone even considering working at Steak N Shake as a GM.

You can make decent money as a server but it is a physical job. Lots of turnover.

Current Employee - Server  in  Sheffield Village, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Sheffield Village, OH

I have been working at Steak n Shake

Pros

You can make good money as a server.

Cons

Very physically demanding.
    Incompetent management.
    Lack of effective training.
    Employees are disrespected.

When problems are taken to higher ups they should be answered/responded to.

There are newer employer reviews for Steak n Shake

Worked for Steak n Shake? Contribute to the Community!