Steak n Shake
www.steaknshake.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Disorganized

Server (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsGood money for high school student, got to take home tips every night, easy to bond with coworkers, 40% discount on food

ConsManagement doesn't know how to schedule and you will never work the hours that you are told you will work. Managers are very inconsistent and communication is terrible between the different managers and supervisors. Also you will end up working late into the night if you are in second shift because it is a 24 hour restaurant and sometimes big rushes come in and you will not be allowed to leave. Good luck having a personal life along with work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire enough people to cover a schedule. There were constantly not enough workers to fill the schedule and people constantly had to stay hours past the time that they were scheduled. Also, when I personally asked not to be scheduled during the week, the only times I ended up being scheduled were during the week. Terrible scheduling.

Awful

Server (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

I worked at Steak n Shake part-time for less than a year

Pros: The pros are you take home all your tips every… Cons: Very very disorganization. I kept coming in to take my test after training which they set up and they kept sending me home. Finally got… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Steak N Shake needs to upgrade assistant management

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I have been working at Steak n Shake full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Due to the large turnover of management staff the opportunity for advancement… Cons: Due to a shortage in quality management candidates it is impossible to discipline assistant managers. If a general manager delegates job functions to assistant managers,… Advice to Senior Management: There is a major disconnect between the hourly and management staffs. If the promotional pathway is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Steak n Shake.

Worked for Steak n Shake? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steak n Shake reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Steak n Shake CEO Sardar Biglari. All reviews posted anonymously by Steak n Shake employees.