Steak n Shake

www.steaknshake.com

A test of will power. Great place to hone many skills.

General Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsA great place to grow. Many independent decisions must be made in the heat of the moment. High paced and intense environment will prepare individuals for obstacles the rest of their careers. Leadership has a vision and provides numerous tools to accomplish lofty standards. Results based bonus plan allows for competitive individuals to strive towards greatness.

ConsHigh turnover in a high paced environment makes for very stressful situations often. Lofty standards, when unmet, after long periods of time can become discouraging. However, greatness is not achieved through subpar standards. These are impressive standards but there must be a deep passion to achieve these goals. This makes for a challenge to find great mangers to work through. Finally the low wages for hourly associates magnifies the turnover. A well paid grill operator a Steak N Shake is paid less than a dishwasher at other chains.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe ready to work and set high expectations for yourself. Never stop hiring!!! When it's time to go, GO! Long weeks will burn the best of the best out quick.

Employment

Service Manager (Former Employee) Macon, GA

I worked at Steak n Shake full-time for more than a year

Pros: Room to move up in business, Plenty of hours Cons: family owned and operated so if not family you wont… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very high standards for you but expect nothing from them!

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Steak n Shake full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay check- employed- airconditioned- I dunno.....free meal as long as… Cons: Unrealistic metfics- horrible clientel that is invited in for discounts and freebies- they raise hell until they ruin your day. Threshold for customer complaints… Advice to Senior Management: Keep looking! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Steak n Shake.

Worked for Steak n Shake? Contribute to the Community!