Steak n Shake

www.steaknshake.com

You're better off collecting unemployment

Server (Former Employee) Port Charlotte, FL

ProsMost of your customers are nice.

ConsThe management is the absolute worst on this planet. Unbelievably unprofessional and disorganized. They will yell at you over nothing, call you names, and talk down to you.
Workers do drugs on the clock in the freezer. So much is expected out of you in such an awful environment. Tips do not correlate with how hard you work, considering the food is dirt cheap.

You end up taking on more jobs than your own. I had been told to do hostessing for a few hours during some shifts and dish washing other times. Those are both different and specific jobs. I'm still getting paid waitress wage (4.77) to do minimum wage (7.79) work!

Advice to Senior ManagementMandate drug tests for employees and managers and get rid of some of the cracked out workers! Create better working conditions.

Restaurant Manager

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Steak n Shake full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: A good training program Good Bonus Potential Good Benefits Cons: Very Long Hours Expected to work from home On call 24/7 Work Holidays Expected… Advice to Senior Management: provide enough labor to not have to work from home Employee discount… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Only get this job if you are desperate

Server (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

I worked at Steak n Shake full-time for less than a year

Pros: Food is amazing and delicious when it is made right. Cons: Wont let you leave until you do your side work no matter how long it takes Managers sleeping with employees so employees get to the higher… Advice to Senior Management: Dont sleep with your employees, communication needs to be so much better,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Steak n Shake.

Worked for Steak n Shake? Contribute to the Community!