Steak n Shake
www.steaknshake.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

You're better off collecting unemployment

Server (Former Employee)
Port Charlotte, FL

ProsMost of your customers are nice.

ConsThe management is the absolute worst on this planet. Unbelievably unprofessional and disorganized. They will yell at you over nothing, call you names, and talk down to you.
Workers do drugs on the clock in the freezer. So much is expected out of you in such an awful environment. Tips do not correlate with how hard you work, considering the food is dirt cheap.

You end up taking on more jobs than your own. I had been told to do hostessing for a few hours during some shifts and dish washing other times. Those are both different and specific jobs. I'm still getting paid waitress wage (4.77) to do minimum wage (7.79) work!

Advice to Senior ManagementMandate drug tests for employees and managers and get rid of some of the cracked out workers! Create better working conditions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Steak n Shake

Pros: Can grow into management from all levels Cons: work a lot of hours typical of restaurant business Advice to Senior Management: staff up management More

A test of will power. Great place to hone many skills.

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Steak n Shake full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: A great place to grow. Many independent decisions must be made in the heat of the moment. High paced and intense environment will… Cons: High turnover in a high paced environment makes for very stressful situations often. Lofty standards, when unmet, after long periods of time can become… Advice to Senior Management: Be ready to work and set high expectations for yourself. Never stop hiring!!! When… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Steak n Shake.

Worked for Steak n Shake? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steak n Shake reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Steak n Shake CEO Sardar Biglari. All reviews posted anonymously by Steak n Shake employees.