Steak n Shake

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Steak n Shake

Grill Cook

I have been working at Steak n Shake

Pros

Easy,fast,job, location, good co workers

Cons

low pay, need advancements, need a raise

upgrade your pay from 7.25 for grill cook

381 Other Employee Reviews for Steak n Shake (View Most Recent)

This job taught me a lot of things.

Former Employee - Hostess
    Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Steak n Shake part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Usually the coworkers and managers are fun to be around. Everyone for the most part is personable. Managers ALWAYS lend a hand. I learned about organization and efficiency while working here.

Cons

As a hostess, I always worked long hours (8-10). Only two days week. Breaks were always short . I don't understand why we never had a busser. Hosts always end up bussing every table because servers are lagging. Call you in the last minute or day before to see if you can work. They always put only two people on the cash register when there is 60 people in the restaurant eating and 20 people working. Training was inadequate. For minimum wage, seating customers, running cash, bussing, and doing side work is not worth it. Always hosting by yourself or with someone only until 4 or 5.

There needs to be at least two bussers on the floor. Their should be at least two people who run the cash register and NOTHING ELSE. There should be at least two hosts from 12 pm to 10 pm on weekends. Managers need to stop short changing and hire the right amount of people. There is no reason why staff should be running short. Take time out to train your employees adequately. Please keep facilities cleaner and the schedule should be set in stone once it is up.

Steak n shake

Current Employee - Waitress in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Waitress in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Steak n Shake full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its a company run by the servers and back, managments is always changing and are always new managers in training, so employees have servers and cooks have been there forever so now the lay of the land better

Cons

good for fast money after training if you know what you are doing

To get more experienced managers or grab people and give people the honor from the inside to grow through this company

There are newer employer reviews for Steak n Shake