There are newer employer reviews for Steak n Shake

Great Food, upper management is just about worthless

Current Employee - Manager Trainee
Current Employee - Manager Trainee

I have been working at Steak n Shake

Pros

Has great food and vision for the company. Willing to work around your schedule. Most of the workers and customers are great. The training program in this company for both management and employees is the best I have seen in food service.

Cons

To worried about drive thru times, that causes the inside guest to have to wait longer than they should because they take food that was cooked for the inside and send it out the drive thru. company is very short on management but not to worried about filling them, it took them 2 1/2 months to due 1 interview and start my training after they said they were interested in me moving up to management. Also company doesn't want to pay for your experience, so they can't keep the better managers. Pay across the board is 15 to 20 percent below average for fast food.

Advice to Management

Management above store level do what you say you are going to do. Try and take care of your personnel they are the ones making the company money and giving you a job. Adjust the third shift operations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. There is nothing good to say, work you to death and have no benefits to working here.

I worked at Steak n Shake part-time

Pros

The friendships I made were okay, but a lot of people there grind your gears.

Cons

No benefits Percentage off food was insufficient Promoting wasn't very fair

The worst employment experience ever

Current Employee - Training Store General Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Training Store General Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Steak n Shake full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck, insurance, hmmmm,,,, im not homeless?? Not sure what to say here

Cons

Too many to list! Hate to say I ever worked there! Constant coupons inflate the crowds to unmanageable proportions! Hourly associates get nothing- all the money is spent on "paper marketing and tv ads" So many conference calls you have no time to manage your store- CEO is a total nut job, Aggressive upper management- they threaten, demean, and demoralize, I can not even describe how crazy these people are!

Advice to Management

Give the company to people who care about people! the way you run you treat people is disgusting!