Steelcase
www.steelcase.com Grand Rapids, MI 5000+ Employees

Great people to work with. Strong team environment.

Workplace Consultant, Sales & Business Dev (Current Employee)

ProsTraining and development of people is incredible. Opportunity to work on special projects is a strong plus. Great product to sell. Good reputation product quality.

ConsNeed to be relocatable to advance. Merit increases are cost of living usually and no discussion of how to increase your base salary. Local teams can be a challenge as there are usually some long term employees that struggle with embracing change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the path to monetary and career advancement more visible.

Great team atmosphere in most departments, always liked working there

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Steelcase full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: - Management is generally very fair to employees, most despicable directors and managers that were there have been weeded out. -… Cons: - Frustrating to see the waste sometimes (in people, time and materials) and not be able… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good job at a good company

Product Engineer (Current Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Steelcase full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good pay for interesting work, not a lot of long hours, great discounts on modern, high-quality furniture. The culture varies depending on the group you're… Cons: Difficult 'modernizing' has been code for decreasing pay, headcount, and benefits; offshoring manufacturing and closing local plants; replacing experienced employees with low-paid temps. It's been… Advice to Senior Management: Give us a management training program, or at least a roadmap to follow that will actually lead somewhere. If I get an MBA, will Steelcase… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Steelcase.

Worked for Steelcase? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steelcase reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Steelcase CEO James P. Keane. All reviews posted anonymously by Steelcase employees.