There are newer employer reviews for Stefanini TechTeam

Good starting point

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Project Manager in Southfield, MI

I worked at Stefanini TechTeam

Pros

-Good place to start with little experience
-Possible routes of advancement for qualified personnel
-Diverse business culture, global footprint
-Good benefits
-Casual atmosphere for many positions

Cons

-Many employees become 'stuck' in entry level positions
-Employee satisfaction is low across the board
-Lack of personal skills make some employees and managers very difficult to work with
-Annual compensation reviews for salaried employees suspended for last two years, 401k matching suspended
-Environment of fear-based motivation; frequent layoffs and firings, very little loyalty to even long-term employees

N/A - the company was purchased by a Brazilian IT firm in 2010, apparently the entire business has changed since.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Stefanini TechTeam (View Most Recent)

Helpful stepping stone, but outweighed by horrible management.

Current Employee - Systems Technician  in  San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Technician in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Stefanini TechTeam

Pros

This place is a good place only if you want to break into the field and don't know what you want in the long run. You'll start off in the call center which is the worst place in the world and nobody knows what they are doing. Limited tuition assistance. If management wasn't incompetent and unreasonable this might be a good job, but no pro's outweigh the cons.

Cons

Management is absolutely horrible. It is always something with these guys, and payroll screws up frequently; when they do it's your fault and you'll be the one paying for it, but only several months after the fact when they finally get around to doing their job.

The only advice I'd give them is to find a different field to work in or go back to school and learn some ethics.

It's better to be unemployed than to work for TechTeam

Former Employee - Tech Support Agent  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Tech Support Agent in Southfield, MI

I worked at Stefanini TechTeam

Pros

To be honest, there are a few good things to say about TechTeam. First of all, every team leader and project manager I met, save one, was considerate, patient and willing to work with me. I honestly feel sorry for the middle management at this company, they have far too much pressure on them and I doubt they're paid what they're worth. Secondly, the benefits were good. One of the reasons I stuck around as long as I did was to cover my wisdom tooth removal. The cost of the benefits is negligible, even when factored in to the meager compensation you receive while working there.

Cons

My goodness, what a mess. I don't know where to begin. I'd say that essentially, all of TechTeam's problems come down to their business philosophy: "pay as little as possible and barely make the grade." So what does this mean? I'll break down how their contracts with their customer's work. Companies come to TechTeam and pay them a given amount. In exchange for this, TechTeam agrees to have their support agents answer a given percentage of calls, (usually 70%) within a certain time frame, (usually two minutes.) The statistics are calculated over the period of a month. So if at the end of the month 70% of the calls were answered in under 2 minutes, TechTeam fulfills their contract with their customer. If they fail to meet this standard, they are penalized financially. TechTeam's philosophy in meeting this standard is to hire the bare minimum of support agents, with the bare minimum of skill and to compensate them as little as possible in order to meet this agreement with their customer. So, as an employee, this is how that translates to a work experience: First of all, every Monday, the busiest day of the week, everyone was forbidden to schedule time off, even months in advance. Breaks were cancelled every Monday, and lunches were cut down to a half hour. There were generally 15 calls waiting to be answered at any moment, so you could expect to be working as hard as you can, all day. Of course, you can imagine that any caller who has to wait for 15 other caller's to be serviced before them is going to be irate when they finally speak with a support agent, so every Monday, I was yelled at for 8 hours a day. Secondly, toward the end of each month, it was inevitable that the contract to answer those 70% of the calls was close to being breeched, so for the final few days of the month you could expect the work experience to be the same as any given Monday, i.e. no breaks, half hour lunch, irate customers. Third, during the summer the call volume dropped significantly. TechTeam would then lay off their temp agency agents, and cut everyone else's hours to 30 a week. Does this mean that work was any slower? Absolutely not. With fewer agents "manning the ship" there were still always 15 calls waiting to be answered, and the customers were still irate. Inevitably, each month, busy or not, TechTeam will just barely fulfill their 70% agreement. TechTeam pushes their employees as hard as they can, and compensates them as little as possible. They clearly have little investment in them, so how much of an investment do they expect their employees to have in TechTeam? Little wonder the turnover is so high. As a customer of TechTeam, how pleased would you be if you knew how they managed their workforce, and how this directly impacted the experience that your employees had when they needed to call tech support? My guess is not very pleased. But TechTeam is the bargain tech support solution, so I suppose you get what you pay for.

Rather than accept your status as a cut-rate tech support solution, why not try to provide your clients with more value? Sure, you may have to treat your employees better, you may have to adjust schedules, and you might end up paying people to wait for a call, rather than have your clients pay for their employees to wait on hold, but I'm sure in the end you'll get a return on your investment. You might end up with employees who care about the company they work for, who care to invest in their education to improve their job performance. You might be something more than a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Stefanini TechTeam

Worked for Stefanini TechTeam? Contribute to the Community!