Merchandising Manager

Current Employee - Merchandising Manager in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Merchandising Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Stein Mart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Quite a few long term employees.

Cons

Lack of communication. Lack of praise to employees. Too large of a work load

Other Employee Reviews for Stein Mart

1. Rude management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Stein Mart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest, the only pro is the employee discount and the styles offered at the store. I personally enjoyed being able to work with a friend of mine, but other than that I find very few "pros" to employment here.

Cons

Cons? Where to start? This was my first job, I am in my late teens. I applied because I thought that it would be a great opportunity and a great place to find my first job in retail. I waited weeks before I heard from management regarding my application, at which time they told me it was incomplete (I don't know how, considering I checked it, checked it, and checked it again). She asked me "what I would like to do" and I asked if I could fill out another application; she told me to go ahead, and call her when I had filled out the new application. She didn't give me a phone number to contact her, and she didn't give me her name. She had an accent that was very difficult to understand. I filled out my new application, turned it in, and worked there for a little while. While I worked there, I had to beg borrow and steal to have my schedule adjusted when necessary - they scheduled me to work while I had school, they scheduled me to work after I had told them I had to go out of town for a cousin's wedding, and more than once I felt degraded, demeaned, and disrespected by the management. I will not choose to work here again. Awful experience for my first job.

Advice to Management

Hire individuals for human resources that have good communication skills; clear, american accents, and at least some manners.

2. It's an ok place

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Stein Mart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like most of the people I work with. And you know about the big sales ahead of time. I also like most of the products.

Cons

Most people work part time. Sometimes we're stretched too thin. It gets hot sometimes. I wish I could afford the clothes.