There are newer employer reviews for Stein Mart

Your success is equal to your interest and effort!

I have been working at Stein Mart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, family atmosphere, group effort, awesome current District Manager

Cons

Raises not paid on merit at merchandising manager level

Managers should be able to designate raises (within a percentage range authorized by DM & RM) and approved by DMs so MMs who are interested, engaged in their careers, growing their business can reap rewards equal to their efforts and those who are not can be made aware that their lack of effort, engagement, department growth can be redirected & let go if necessary without receiving the same pay increase as the rest of the MMs.

151 Other Employee Reviews for Stein Mart (View Most Recent)

Good work life balance

I have been working at Stein Mart full-time

Pros

Great retail work hours. Not like some of the other big box stores that open at 6am and close at 11pm.

Cons

Pay scale is far below industry standards. Experience is not rewarded with advancement or salary increases.

Pretty good retail job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Stein Mart part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part, I really liked my co-workers and the general culture at Stein Mart. Maybe it was just because my particular store rocked, but we had fun and our managers really looked out for our well-being. Even my tough-as-nails department manager was really kind-hearted. Overall, I did like this company -- I was there (part-time) for about 4 years!

Cons

Unfortunately, Stein Mart is having a hard time competing with other designer discount stores/department stores. I think it's due to the fact that the clothes are slightly outdated. They're not BAD, but they're not as stylish as they could be.

Work with younger merchandisers and buyers! I think if you freshen up your styles, you'll attract a bigger audience and be able to hire more people.

There are newer employer reviews for Stein Mart

Worked for Stein Mart? Contribute to the Community!