There are newer employer reviews for Steiner Education

Inspirational Dialogue to motivate employees and students but Corporate does not support the dialogue

Former Employee - Instructor in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Instructor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a former teacher, it was amazing to see students become bodyworkers and fulfill their dreams. I loved sharing my extensive experience now that I am a retired therapist. The curriculum is great and provides an amazing foundation for the students to begin their career.

Cons

Required to work Fridays after putting in over 40 hours Monday through Thursday, no overtime because we are salary- but we are not paid if we are out sick after a holiday. Routinely scheduled for triple shifts because of a shortage of teachers. The admissions do not screen students, teachers are asked to put up with students that are mentally ill and physically unable to perform a 40 minute student massage when this career is very physically demanding. I was screamed at by students, had students walk out of the classroom because they didn't like my attitude when they were late- and they were "written up" but allowed to remain ( they don't want to lose that federal money!) The pay is really low and the demand is high which results in a constant turn over of supervisors and teaching staff.

Re-implement Classroom managers and allow the teachers to just teach their craft! Stricter policies about dismissing students.

reviews filtered by

Admissions Representative

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun to talk to students, get free massage all the time...fun people to work with.

Cons

Unattainable expectations, lack of respect and appreciation from Directors up to executive team. In all the years I have worked there, I can count on one hand how many times anyone was told they did a good job, and of the times that I did hear I did a good job, it was followed with what I need to do better and extensive lecture on whatever my lowest metric was. If the Director decided they dont like you, start looking for a new job as it will only be a matter of time before they conjure up a ridiculous reason to fire you. In fact, they will make something up just to get rid of you. They wont pay severance and will fight unemployment. If you arent part of the executive team's network, you wont see any advancement. As an admissions rep, you are the second highest paid employee at the campus; however, that is because they dont pay anyone very well. Example: the Student Services Advisor makes $12/hr. They will never allow for overtime and if you do go over, they will require you to work less hours the next week, which is against the law. If you decide to take vacation you will get lectured and it will be held against you. There only marketing strategy is via online and you will be required to call each prospect up to six times per day. You will be held to several metrics and even if you hit all but one of them, you will get written up and told that if you dont get it above the minimum within the next ten weeks then you will be fired. They lead through fear and intimidation.

Show appreciation, reward success, play fair.

Less than a scrupulous company to work for...

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Steiner Education

Pros

It's a job and they offer (minimal) discounts on massages...

Cons

I have never worked for such a "cheap" company. This organization cares nothing for the satisfaction or comfort of its employees. They constantly are telling employees one thing then changing, more times than not, without notice. Management rarely shows any appreciation for the level of hard work provided by employees and very rarely makes mention of accomplishments of individual achievement. If you are seeking employment, I would greatly suggest to you to pass this company by. They exploit and overwork their staff without recognition or fair compensation. Most people within the company are currently seeking other employment opportunities.

There is no advise I can offer these people. they know they are providing a poor work environment and exploiting their employees. What can be said to that or suggested?

There are newer employer reviews for Steiner Education