Great People

I worked at Steiner Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Decent hours. Alternate weekends off. Free massages.

Cons

The pay was not very high.

Other Reviews for Steiner Education

Poor Employee Retention.

I worked at Steiner Education

Pros

Excellent curriculum, one of the better ones in the business.

Cons

Regardless if you have one of the best massage therapy education programs on the planet, for the amount of work salaried employees have to put in each week (50 to 60), the low pay is not worth making a career for yourself within this organization.

Look at ways to increase salaries and wages, to help retain your better instructors. Until then, current and prospective employees will always view you as just a stepping stone to move on to bigger and better things and your company will not achieve it's full potential.

Inspirational Dialogue to motivate employees and students but Corporate does not support the dialogue

Former Employee - Instructor  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Instructor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Steiner Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a former teacher, it was amazing to see students become bodyworkers and fulfill their dreams. I loved sharing my extensive experience now that I am a retired therapist. The curriculum is great and provides an amazing foundation for the students to begin their career.

Cons

Required to work Fridays after putting in over 40 hours Monday through Thursday, no overtime because we are salary- but we are not paid if we are out sick after a holiday. Routinely scheduled for triple shifts because of a shortage of teachers. The admissions do not screen students, teachers are asked to put up with students that are mentally ill and physically unable to perform a 40 minute student massage when this career is very physically demanding. I was screamed at by students, had students walk out of the classroom because they didn't like my attitude when they were late- and they were "written up" but allowed to remain ( they don't want to lose that federal money!) The pay is really low and the demand is high which results in a constant turn over of supervisors and teaching staff.

Re-implement Classroom managers and allow the teachers to just teach their craft! Stricter policies about dismissing students.

There are newer employer reviews for Steiner Education.

Worked for Steiner Education? Contribute to the Community!