There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot

Kleenex- useful when it's needed, but always thrown away when you're done using it.

Former Employee - Operations  in  San Bruno, CA
Former Employee - Operations in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Stella & Dot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced startup with a couple of the nice perks- healthy snacks and tea in the kitchen, yoga class once a week, great discount on the product, and the jewelry is very trendy and wearable. The company truly upholds it's vision and spirit when the focus is Stylist- Facing those are the 30,000 sales team who make 100% of the revenue for the company.

Cons

Management is under pressure from the investors to keep growing both horizontally in new product offerings and vertically to new markets, as well as evolve the technology quickly. It's like riding a bicycle while you're riding it. A lot of fun, but you realize no one has installed brake levers so you can't stop.

Don't "churn & burn" people so much at the HO (home office). Invest in the vision that the company's greatest asset is it's PEOPLE, including the slaves at HO working 12+ hours a day for you for a paycheck and zero commission.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Stella & Dot (View Most Recent)

Amazing, powerful leadership with a focus on entrepreneurialism

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Stella & Dot

Pros

The top management is very focused on the expansion of the company, and in the CEO's words, "put more money in the hands of our valued Stylists". We internal folks behind the scenes at this powerhouse e-commerce DSA jewelry and lifestyle company live & breathe the mantra every day. We also are very focused the creation of a new platform to enhance the end user experience and create a unique social selling platform that will make our competitors cringe and scamper to copy. The Sequoia infusion of capital was just another testimony to the benchstrength we have in the top management team.

Cons

Seriously not many yet. They preach work/life balance, but as we all know during busy periods that is pretty much ignored and several departments have several employees burning the midnight oil to meet company-wide deliverables. The overall benefits package needs a complete and utter rehaul, and they can't seem to find an HR manager to suit the company's current needs plus growth, and the employees are still waiting......

Keep it going strong! A few small fixes to the employee benefit package, perhaps more mid-managment meetings across departmental lines to enhance communications. Not a whole lot of gripes honestly.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Independent Stylist  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Independent Stylist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stella & Dot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training, beautiful products, extensive support system. You are responsible for your own income. Couldn't ask for more from this type of sales model.

Cons

If you don't sell, you don't make money!

Keep up the awesome training, and shared resources.

There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot

Worked for Stella & Dot? Contribute to the Community!