There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot

A drama filled S-Show

Former Employee - Customer Care  in  San Bruno, CA
Former Employee - Customer Care in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Stella & Dot as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

-If you like living in a real life drama, come work here.
-Sometimes free jewelry
-FEW people are genuine.

Cons

- Management discourages asking questions, and general interaction with coworkers. The culture of the headquarters is eerie and filled with drama, but not visible to the naked eye.
- Eventually you will get to overhear gossip, trash talking, and see plenty of two-faced employees.
- Ask a 'dumb' question and your own manager will talk crap about you to your fellow employees, and of course, you'll hear about it.
- Most unapproachable people I've met at a company

Communication. Please.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Stella & Dot (View Most Recent)

A dreadful place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Stella & Dot full-time for less than a year

Pros

The great shame about Stella & Dot is that it should be a great place to work. The people I worked with there (pretty much all of whom have now gone) were lovely, very, very smart and good people. The product is nice (if overpriced) and staff discount is ok.

Cons

It is the most bizarre place I have ever worked. There is an atmosphere of fear that pervades everywhere and the level of dishonesty I experienced from some senior team members was frankly staggering. The way in which the home office staff is treated is appalling. The Stylist-facing persona of the company is the exact opposite of what the home office people experience. If you are considering working here, just don't. It's an absolutely soul-destroying, miserable place to be.

On a very basic level, get some integrity. Locate your moral compass. Get some perspective.

Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Inventory Management  in  San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Management in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Stella & Dot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not many, but there are a few smart people around the office. The really smart ones have already left. Most jumped ship right after bonuses were paid.

Cons

Management is a joke. Their sales are struggling. The business model is not working. The CEO is putting on an act to try and convince the public that there is a real business behind the sorority party, but sales are declining and there is a decrease in customer interest.

GIve up! The company is a sinking ship

There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot

Worked for Stella & Dot? Contribute to the Community!