There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot

Amazing, powerful leadership with a focus on entrepreneurialism

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Stella & Dot

Pros

The top management is very focused on the expansion of the company, and in the CEO's words, "put more money in the hands of our valued Stylists". We internal folks behind the scenes at this powerhouse e-commerce DSA jewelry and lifestyle company live & breathe the mantra every day. We also are very focused the creation of a new platform to enhance the end user experience and create a unique social selling platform that will make our competitors cringe and scamper to copy. The Sequoia infusion of capital was just another testimony to the benchstrength we have in the top management team.

Cons

Seriously not many yet. They preach work/life balance, but as we all know during busy periods that is pretty much ignored and several departments have several employees burning the midnight oil to meet company-wide deliverables. The overall benefits package needs a complete and utter rehaul, and they can't seem to find an HR manager to suit the company's current needs plus growth, and the employees are still waiting......

Advice to Management

Keep it going strong! A few small fixes to the employee benefit package, perhaps more mid-managment meetings across departmental lines to enhance communications. Not a whole lot of gripes honestly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The model works, but it certainly isn't easy

Current Employee - Independent Stylist
    Current Employee - Independent Stylist

I have been working at Stella & Dot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of marketing material, words to say, and a "formula" for running your Stella & Dot business. The products are awesome, there's something for pretty much every woman in the line

Cons

Just because they give you the formula for how to do the business successfully, does NOT mean you will be successful. Stocking of popular items is consistently an issue with long wait times for backorder (sometimes 6-8 weeks!). I end up spending a lot of money on samples for myself and/or my display

Advice to Management

Be more realistic about how much work is required for a Stylist to be successful at each level of the career plan

2. Independent Stylist

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Paris (France)
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Paris (France)

I have been working at Stella & Dot (Less than a year)

Pros

Great second income
    Rewarding to build a team

Cons

None, wish I had more time to devote to it!