Stella & Dot

www.stelladot.com
  www.stelladot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot

Amazing, powerful leadership with a focus on entrepreneurialism

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Stella & Dot

Pros

The top management is very focused on the expansion of the company, and in the CEO's words, "put more money in the hands of our valued Stylists". We internal folks behind the scenes at this powerhouse e-commerce DSA jewelry and lifestyle company live & breathe the mantra every day. We also are very focused the creation of a new platform to enhance the end user experience and create a unique social selling platform that will make our competitors cringe and scamper to copy. The Sequoia infusion of capital was just another testimony to the benchstrength we have in the top management team.

Cons

Seriously not many yet. They preach work/life balance, but as we all know during busy periods that is pretty much ignored and several departments have several employees burning the midnight oil to meet company-wide deliverables. The overall benefits package needs a complete and utter rehaul, and they can't seem to find an HR manager to suit the company's current needs plus growth, and the employees are still waiting......

Keep it going strong! A few small fixes to the employee benefit package, perhaps more mid-managment meetings across departmental lines to enhance communications. Not a whole lot of gripes honestly.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Stella & Dot (View Most Recent)

Kind of like Gambling

Current Employee - Independent Stylist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Independent Stylist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stella & Dot part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible- you really do work or not work when you wish, lots of access to discounts, good commission rate for the industry

Cons

support is inconsistent company wide. Make sure you know who you are signing up with or you could wind up totally on your own. The company line in response to people who are not getting support- call and ask again.

Improve stylist training to include appropriate team support habits.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Independent Stylist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Independent Stylist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stella & Dot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training, beautiful products, extensive support system. You are responsible for your own income. Couldn't ask for more from this type of sales model.

Cons

If you don't sell, you don't make money!

Keep up the awesome training, and shared resources.

There are newer employer reviews for Stella & Dot