Stericycle

www.stericycle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stericycle

Quality company, good place to work

Current Employee - Information Center Agent in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Information Center Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quality company that cares about their employees and customers. Good place to work, great benefits, average pay for position. Outstanding at promoting from within.

Cons

In Indianapolis, initial job is through a temp company. Temp employees get hired on, told it is temp to perm, but that rarely works out. Many are hired on for a big event, and let go within a few weeks. Of course, I have worked hard, did what I was supposed to, and I got hired on after 6 months as a permanent employee.

Fix IT problems in the RMS call center. There are so many customers who are pharmacies, doctor offices etc who have changed addresses or ownership. You make an outbound call due to failed mail, correct the information and square things away for that event. But another event with another client has nearly the same customer list, and the initial notifications are sent out again with bad information, only to go through the same verification process. Why does this matter? 1: important notifications about recalls are delayed, possibly harming patients or consumers. 2. wasted postage sending thousands of notifications per year to bad addresses. 3. loads of wasted man hours calling customers who have already been called a month ago on another event. 4. these customers get annoyed about so many calls to verify their business name and correct address. Possible Solution: consolidate some of the information in your database as a kind of 'master list', then when you get a new event, bounce the client's information (which may be years old) against the master list of customers before assigning CID!! That is just a suggestion, I am totally satisfied with my position in the call center, and happy working for Stericycle!

154 Other Employee Reviews for Stericycle (View Most Recent)

Great experience and great culture.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sun Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sun Valley, CA

I worked at Stericycle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great way to get hands on experience. Small growing company which lets you be creative and pursue your goals.

Friendly managers

Cons

Working with a small company you do not get the same 401k benefits as you would with a larger company.

Long Hours

No place for a woman

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits
    Ability to work independently

Cons

Depending on location, little room for growth
    Administration positions are second class citizens
    There are only 2 female executives. Locally, there are only 3 women on staff in a team of 31. 2 of which will receive a title demotion based on company restructure.

Promotions should be based on worth not on who you know

There are newer employer reviews for Stericycle