Sharps service tech

Current Employee - Sharps Service Specialist in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Sharps Service Specialist in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss lives 3 hours from me so I almost never see him. Hours can be very flexable. Very easy job

Cons

Sometimes my travel pay is short or late. The hospital staff can be rude or messy

Advice to Management

Get a better system for expence/travel pay

Other Employee Reviews for Stericycle

1. A Big Company That Still Runs Like a Startup

Former Employee - Manager in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Stericycle full-time

Pros

Financially Stable Company. The employees are friendly and hard working. If you want to make internal moves, you have the ability to do so. Continuing to branch out into new lines of business. Medical benefits are superior to other organizations.

Cons

You feel a little dirty by the way they nickel and dime their core customers, individual doctors and dentists offices with price increases and made up fees (on call fee?). The technology used is very remedial and slow. They don't want to spend money to get the applications that staff has to use on a daily basis to be top or even middle tier.

Advice to Management

Think more long term in your vision, investing in your employees, and not short term with how to find an questionable way to meet quarterly earnings.

2. Quality company, good place to work

Current Employee - Information Center Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Information Center Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quality company that cares about their employees and customers. Good place to work, great benefits, average pay for position. Outstanding at promoting from within.

Cons

In Indianapolis, initial job is through a temp company. Temp employees get hired on, told it is temp to perm, but that rarely works out. Many are hired on for a big event, and let go within a few weeks. Of course, I have worked hard, did what I was supposed to, and I got hired on after 6 months as a permanent employee.

Advice to Management

Fix IT problems in the RMS call center. There are so many customers who are pharmacies, doctor offices etc who have changed addresses or ownership. You make an outbound call due to failed mail, correct the information and square things away for that event. But another event with another client has nearly the same customer list, and the initial notifications are sent out again with bad information, only to go through the same verification process. Why does this matter? 1: important notifications about recalls are delayed, possibly harming patients or consumers. 2. wasted postage sending thousands of notifications per year to bad addresses. 3. loads of wasted man hours calling customers who have already been called a month ago on another event. 4. these customers get annoyed about so many calls to verify their business name and correct address. Possible Solution: consolidate some of the information in your database as a kind of 'master list', then when you get a new event, bounce the client's information (which may be years old) against the master list of customers before assigning CID!! That is just a suggestion, I am totally satisfied with my position in the call center, and happy working for Stericycle!