Stericycle

Just Say No...Most of your customers will

Former Employee - Outbound Telesales Representative in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Outbound Telesales Representative in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Stericycle

Pros

Commissions are good if you even make it that far.

Cons

Where do I start? This is an extremely high pressure sales job. You are pretty much tricking customers into signing a long-term contract for more money with almost no incentive or added service.

Extreme favoritism by upper management for certain employees.
Dishonesty of upper management.
People have gotten screwed out of money on their commission checks.
Seasoned reps receive 3 times as many leads and are basically guaranteed commission without doing much work.

You are taught to basically lie to customers regarding the price of their services.
Extremely unethical pricing and very price discriminating.

Open your eyes.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Stericycle (View Most Recent)

Warning! Warning! Warning!

Former Employee - Inside Sales (SQ) in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales (SQ) in Bannockburn, IL

I worked at Stericycle

Pros

Wow, I actually need to think pretty hard about this one. Has potential to be a good company to work at but, the infinite negatives would need to be fixed.

Cons

It’s hilarious that there are people that have posted Stericycle is a good place to work. It’s SO transparent that it’s a company higher-up trying to do damage control. Stericycle’s arrogance is its downfall. Stericycle takes advantage of its size and market share to bully its customers no matter of the size of the company or the state of the economy. I’ve said hello to the vp of the small quantity division probably 100 times while I worked there and most of the time he would just walk right past me, nose in the air. You are constantly afraid for your job and the turn over is unbelievably high. Nepotism is rampant and egos are very high. The higher-ups have no clue of the lack of morals in many of the sales reps and unscrupulous deals they sell. As long as the goals are met that is all that counts. I could go on and on.

Don’t look too close at how the top reps are killing it because you’ll be shocked! What a joke.

Excellent working environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Stericycle

Pros

Larger sized company with a small company feel
    Excellent job benefits, including stock options for eligible employees
    Great co-workers
    Exciting growth and opportunities

Cons

Since the company grew so fast, many of the business processes struggle to keep up. Growth through acquisition can lead to a lot of technical challenges. Some of the way that the company service offerings are designed can be very confusing and complicated.

Try to remember to keep things simple.

There are newer employer reviews for Stericycle