There has been a huge amount of growth and change, which has brought more opportunity within my position.

I have been working at Sterling Computers Corporation

Pros

I enjoy the diversity in my projects, along with the professional growth that I’ve experienced. Also, the family oriented, laid back environment.

Cons

Sometimes the communication is inconsistent.

Communication enables Success! The more we know about your vision and expectations, the better we do.

Other Reviews for Sterling Computers Corporation

Very good work environment. Great people that work here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, NE

I have been working at Sterling Computers Corporation

Pros

Good benefits, very flexible, great people

Cons

I would like more reviews.

talk to individuals that are abusing Sterlings policies.

Providing some contrast to other reviews

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

I worked at Sterling Computers Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Challenging projects to work (in the Consulting unit)
    - There were a lot of skilled professionals on the team that I thoroughly enjoyed working with
    - Founded upon a strong and proven model that generates huge IT Reseller revenues
    - Has real potential to transform into an amazing company

Cons

- Although Sterling’s beginnings were strong, it is struggling with its evolution beyond being an IT Reseller to the government. I witnessed a lot of lost opportunities because there was a lack of agreement on how to move forward in the other areas Sterling has branched into over the last several years. Although its reselling business unit remains pretty strong and consistent, the other “units” seem to be struggling greatly, evidenced by low retention and high turnover. The word is that the Service side of the business is not a “job shop,” yet they have operated like one in the past. Perhaps with their latest acquisition of a health care IT services company, that is all changing. But if past performance is any indication, I’d proceed with caution.
    - Sterling still struggles to find a unified identity: a defense IT reseller, a commercial and defense IT reseller, a defense IT consulting company, or maybe a health care IT consulting company, or ... ?
    - The Consulting unit founded in ~2010 imploded by the end of 2012 due to excessive focus on a few major clients, and festering personnel conflicts that should have been more actively dealt with by executive management. The consequences? An outstanding IT consulting team was scattered to the wind, and much opportunity and potential was squandered.
    - A family owned company comes with family politics … ‘nuff said.

- Leadership starts at the top - Effective communication at the boardroom level AND with your employees is essential to being an true leader
    - Try to treat all of you employees with a similar level of respect, not just the ones in the “inner circle”
    - Dictatorships come at a cost – the business may survive, but it will never thrive
    - The increased rate of employee defection means something; I recommend the executives do a little more soul searching

There are newer employer reviews for Sterling Computers Corporation.

Worked for Sterling Computers Corporation? Contribute to the Community!