Sterling Financial (WA)

www.sterlingsavingsbank.com
  www.sterlingsavingsbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sterling Financial (WA)

Absolutley Great company to work for! Always ready and willing to give employees the chance to advance if wanted.

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager  in  Lakeview, OR
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Lakeview, OR

I have been working at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Truly a caring company. Good benefits and great opportunity for advancement. Hometown helpful bank with expectations of great customer service as should any place be and always looking to benefit our customers not "sell" to them.

Cons

I sadly feel that somethings are greatly overlooked with upper management. I have only worked in one of the smaller territories but feel that either upper management is not involved in some of the situations that they need to be or are just too busy (which i could understand) to deal with some situations that cause loss's of great employees, and bad mouthing towards Sterling BAnk. If there is one bad egg in the group and it has clearly been complained about by customers and employees leaving and complaints not being dealt with then eliminate the bad egg and get the team back on track to manage their bank like a business, if someone is clearly causing loss, how do you grow a company.

If anyone complains to the care center about management or anything to do with a branch, the manager gets that email even if it was a complaint about them. ive seen people be put on the spot and let all of their aggrivations out after being called out for getting ahold of the call center, and then asked if the district mngr or TE needed to contact them and they absolutley wanted someone else to talk to them, then watched the manager call the DM and tell them they handled the customer and everything was smoothed over yet the customer will be leaving shortly because they didnt feel it was dealt with, hence no call back. Too many things like that, and most certainly when HR is involved for anything, follow up with all sides to the story, or lawsuits will be happening and what a great company to have to even think about doing that to for just a bad rotten egg.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Sterling Financial (WA) (View Most Recent)

Decent Job

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The customers were fun and the company encourages employees to have strong relationships with customers. Great community involvement.

Cons

Management is terrible, no opportunity for advancement. All the work is directed to the Tellers. There are a lot of employees who have worked at ths company too long. They have too many vacation days, and aren't interested in customer service. This makes work exhausting for new employees who end up taking on most of the work and are there most of the time.

Weed out the bad managers and some of the older workers. There is no opportunities for young workers.

straight forward get your job done, 40 hour a week company.

Former Employee - Loan Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Loan Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

no overtime, new the task at hand and completed in timely manner. great staff in a pretty tight knit office. great experience for learning the markets.

Cons

failing company, just was bought out by umpqua. treats shareholders like crap. we all worked knowing we would end up unemployed. took 18 months for them to finally reach our office with layoffs.

i enjoyed the direct managers in my office. The heads of Sterling rolled with the economic collapse

There are newer employer reviews for Sterling Financial (WA)

Worked for Sterling Financial (WA)? Contribute to the Community!