Sterling Financial (WA)
www.sterlingsavingsbank.com Spokane, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Absolutley Great company to work for! Always ready and willing to give employees the chance to advance if wanted.

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee)
Lakeview, OR

ProsTruly a caring company. Good benefits and great opportunity for advancement. Hometown helpful bank with expectations of great customer service as should any place be and always looking to benefit our customers not "sell" to them.

ConsI sadly feel that somethings are greatly overlooked with upper management. I have only worked in one of the smaller territories but feel that either upper management is not involved in some of the situations that they need to be or are just too busy (which i could understand) to deal with some situations that cause loss's of great employees, and bad mouthing towards Sterling BAnk. If there is one bad egg in the group and it has clearly been complained about by customers and employees leaving and complaints not being dealt with then eliminate the bad egg and get the team back on track to manage their bank like a business, if someone is clearly causing loss, how do you grow a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf anyone complains to the care center about management or anything to do with a branch, the manager gets that email even if it was a complaint about them. ive seen people be put on the spot and let all of their aggrivations out after being called out for getting ahold of the call center, and then asked if the district mngr or TE needed to contact them and they absolutley wanted someone else to talk to them, then watched the manager call the DM and tell them they handled the customer and everything was smoothed over yet the customer will be leaving shortly because they didnt feel it was dealt with, hence no call back. Too many things like that, and most certainly when HR is involved for anything, follow up with all sides to the story, or lawsuits will be happening and what a great company to have to even think about doing that to for just a bad rotten egg.

Decent Job

Teller (Former Employee)

I worked at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The customers were fun and the company encourages employees to… Cons: Management is terrible, no opportunity for advancement. All the work is directed to the Tellers. There are a lot of employees who have… Advice to Senior Management: Weed out the bad managers and some of the older… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

straight forward get your job done, 40 hour a week company.

Loan Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Sterling Financial (WA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: no overtime, new the task at hand and completed in timely manner. great… Cons: failing company, just was bought out by umpqua. treats shareholders like crap. we all worked knowing we… Advice to Senior Management: i enjoyed the direct managers in my office. The… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sterling Financial (WA).

Worked for Sterling Financial (WA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sterling Financial (WA) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sterling Financial (WA) CEO Leslie S. (Les) Biller. All reviews posted anonymously by Sterling Financial (WA) employees.