There are newer employer reviews for Sterling Jewelers

I have only worked at kays for a month, but people are very friendly and helpful

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Harrisburg, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Sterling Jewelers part-time for less than a year

Pros

very helpful, flexible schedule, decent pay

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time

277 Other Employee Reviews for Sterling Jewelers (View Most Recent)

All in all good company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sterling Jewelers full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have a great company discount, great career advancement opportunities, and decent health benefits, paid time off, vacation time etc.

Cons

Pay could be better. You arent really making money unless you are in management. Work life balance is challenging.

Sales associates raise hundreds of thousands of dollars over what you pay them. We should all be paid a better wage.

10 year employee/Store Manager

I have been working at Sterling Jewelers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, Incentives, Promotes from Within, Great team work environment, 401k, Stocks,

Cons

Quality of life, poor pay for regular sales associate's, Not fair expectations for Non Kay and Jared stores

Change managers to 40 hour work weeks, except during Holidays. This would greatly benefit the company as overworking Managers just leads to quick burn outs and lack of engagement.
     Also, we have a major need for differentiation between Kay and off brand stores, most especially those located in the same mall as one another.
     In addition, Sterling would see less turn over and more engaged and dedicated employees if the pay rate was higher. You get what you pay for. We ask for a lot of our people, the pay should reflect that. Keeping employees longer equals more money for Sterling in the long run. Ie..established employees have established clientele. Ie.. Established employees are engaged and want to move up. I could go on. But hope you catch my drift..

There are newer employer reviews for Sterling Jewelers

Worked for Sterling Jewelers? Contribute to the Community!