Sterling Life Insurance
www.sterlingplans.com Bellingham, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Insurance Company "Outside The Box"

Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Sterling Life Insurance full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat vision for future, good leadership from top down, salaries are very competitive.

ConsLimited profuct offerings for agents, need to have products on their own paper, and spend more money on offices and less on flying new agents across the country for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the Market Managers the tools to be successful and then get out of the way, limit the boring conference calls and bump their salaries, they are the lifeblood fo the system!

Good People and Company but Tough Sell

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I worked at Sterling Life Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great company to work for. District Manager was a great… Cons: Products can be a tough sale because they are not very price competative. Would do much better if they offered Medicare advantage… Advice to Senior Management: Offer a full line of products in the Med Supp… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

May have once been great, but now a terrible place to work.

Middle Management (Current Employee)
Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Sterling Life Insurance

Pros: A steady paycheck in an otherwise turbulent economy. They also… Cons: A couple of years ago the company integrated with Windsor Health Group out of Nashville and shipped most of the business there, cutting hundreds of… Advice to Senior Management: Please realize that you are overworking your employees and that morale is extremely low, and the "Rowers Code" training will never work if YOU don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sterling Life Insurance.

Worked for Sterling Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sterling Life Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sterling Life Insurance CEO Michael A Muchnicki. All reviews posted anonymously by Sterling Life Insurance employees.