Steven Madden
www.stevemadden.com Sunnyside, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Easy job, low pay.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Livingston, NJ

I worked at Steven Madden part-time for less than a year

ProsIts not hard. You clean, no folding necessary, simply putting shoes back in the proper area. You sell the shoes and the managers were very cool. 50% off and up to 60% off in holiday time.

ConsThe pay and commission rate is minimal. Sales associates get minimum wage for the most part.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow over-qualified sales associate to have opportunities for pay increase. Commission is only 3% of sales and thats only 10 dollars for every 1000 you sell. Not a lot considering how small most stores are.

Utterly and completely horrible

Stock Associate (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Steven Madden part-time for less than a year

Pros: I wish I could find one. Cons: This has got to be hands down one of the worst jobs I have ever had. I worked at the north park store with the… Advice to Senior Management: Stop being so sickeningly spineless and brainless No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Steven Madden as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Casual dress work enviroment come as you are. Cons: You better be able to click with the right people Advice to Senior Management: Stop all the double talk behind each others backs. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Steven Madden.

Worked for Steven Madden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steven Madden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Steven Madden CEO Ed Rosenfeld. All reviews posted anonymously by Steven Madden employees.