Stevens Transport

www.stevenstransport.com
  www.stevenstransport.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stevens Transport

Seems like all student driver companies are the same

Former Employee - Student Driver in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Student Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stevens Transport as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Outstanding training; teaching students how to be safe on the road and protect the motoring public. Good training procedures with two 4 day classes and two times out on the road, once with a driver trainer and once with another student driver.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect or courtesy for the drivers and students, low pay rate for students compared to other companies. The new drivers don't make as much money because the drivers with seniority or in the Alliance lease program will get the best loads.

Admit when you make mistakes and don't be so hard nosed on your students.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Stevens Transport (View Most Recent)

good training great foundation to start

I worked at Stevens Transport

Pros

good training, and foundation to start

Cons

pay, refer wating load and unload

Stevens School Comes First, Trucking and Drivers Come Second...

Former Employee - Company Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stevens Transport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Training Program takes about 6 months start to finish. They will pay for your Passport card and your Hazmat endorsement, and tell you you will get more miles, sure it's more miles but you will sit for hours without a load. " I am not mad or disgruntled with Stevens, I am telling you this so if you go to work for them you will go in with eyes wide open. Do not loose your home, spouse, and family because you are uninformed, I had to watch this happen to one to many drivers in my year there.

Cons

Nothing is what it seems. After being there a year I learned the trucking side of Stevens is nothing more than a write off for the school side that they are making millions on. Students usually quit within the first year and still have to payback the loan. I was not a student nor had a loan with them. I stayed a company driver and never fell prey to their Alliance program, no new driver should go with this program til you have One year solo with them and can be a Trainer to keep the truck moving to make the payments. As a company driver I could run 600 to 650 miles per day, but had a lot of waiting on loads and never seemed to keep you rolling as promised. Pay was horrible compared to other companies out there but then they do not care they have plenty of students to take your place. A lot of out of route miles you do not get paid for , they pay zip code to zip code. Lucky if you get 1500 miles a week.

It's really to bad this could be a really nice company if upper management did their job, listened to their drivers and really cared about them as they said, instead they just put in their time degrade people and just collect their fat paycheck every week.. Wish Mr. Aaron Stevens was really in tune to what is happening to his company if I could sit down one on one with him I am positive that the wool that's pulled over his eyes would be uncovered and all H___ would break loose.

There are newer employer reviews for Stevens Transport