There are newer employer reviews for Stevenson University

A great learning experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stevenson, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevenson, MD

I have been working at Stevenson University

Pros

Talent is recognized, and I have the freedom to accomplish my goals without interference. The fairly recent emphasis on wellness is a definite plus: we are offered free yoga classes and have access to the athletic facilties.

Cons

Fast growth can sometimes create communication obstacles. The dual campus environment can contribute to this challenge. Not everyone on the staff pays enough attention to email, though it is slowly getting better.

Continue to listen to direct managers and the people on the front lines. You have done a great job of growing the university, but now the academic side of things should be given resources.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Stevenson University (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities at a fast growing institution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stevenson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevenson, MD

I worked at Stevenson University

Pros

Small university with a very bright future. There are many positions that will be available in the future due to the growth at the university. There is good support for professional development and a wide latitude to be able to initiate your own ideas and programs.

Cons

Depends on the department. Certain VPs are not up to par in terms of understanding and experience, and can reverse decisions at their level and make you look bad without your input or consideration for your logic. I suppose this is no different than any employer, but it seems more prevalent here. Generally direct supervisors are high quality

Have confidence in your subordinates, they are quality people with quality experience

Stevenson University

I worked at Stevenson University

Pros

The faculty and staff really help you
    You have the opportunity to learn a lot about the school no matter what position you are in

Cons

They want you to do a lot of work for minimal pay
    Dont really treat all departments the same
    Dont focus on departments that are essential to the school

Listen to the Little People at the University. Put your self in the employees situation before you ask them to to certain things

There are newer employer reviews for Stevenson University

Worked for Stevenson University? Contribute to the Community!