There are newer employer reviews for Stevenson University

A great learning experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevenson, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevenson, MD

I have been working at Stevenson University

Pros

Talent is recognized, and I have the freedom to accomplish my goals without interference. The fairly recent emphasis on wellness is a definite plus: we are offered free yoga classes and have access to the athletic facilties.

Cons

Fast growth can sometimes create communication obstacles. The dual campus environment can contribute to this challenge. Not everyone on the staff pays enough attention to email, though it is slowly getting better.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to direct managers and the people on the front lines. You have done a great job of growing the university, but now the academic side of things should be given resources.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great opportunities at a fast growing institution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevenson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stevenson, MD

I worked at Stevenson University

Pros

Small university with a very bright future. There are many positions that will be available in the future due to the growth at the university. There is good support for professional development and a wide latitude to be able to initiate your own ideas and programs.

Cons

Depends on the department. Certain VPs are not up to par in terms of understanding and experience, and can reverse decisions at their level and make you look bad without your input or consideration for your logic. I suppose this is no different than any employer, but it seems more prevalent here. Generally direct supervisors are high quality

Advice to Management

Have confidence in your subordinates, they are quality people with quality experience

Stevenson University

I worked at Stevenson University

Pros

The faculty and staff really help you You have the opportunity to learn a lot about the school no matter what position you are in

Cons

They want you to do a lot of work for minimal pay Dont really treat all departments the same Dont focus on departments that are essential to the school

Advice to Management

Listen to the Little People at the University. Put your self in the employees situation before you ask them to to certain things