Stewart Enterprises
www.stewartenterprises.com Jefferson, LA 5000+ Employees

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Stewart Enterprises

ProsThe Health Care package is Great. If you work as a sales counselor expect to work holidays and week ends for free.You only get leads ,you have to work for yourself. vacation and Holiday pay are non-existent.Three months of training after that you are expected to deliver, sell funeral properties and funeral contracts. You are commission based only.Once your Bucket gets to be $3000 ,you are out of rotation and you have to seek your own clients.

ConsYou can come and go as you please ,since you do not get a pay check from the company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is ok but the only thing the management is interested in is their bottom line- pure and simple. The clients are the least of their problem, the bonus is all they are interested in.Treat employees like people and you will get good rewards because they will be happy to perform .

This is straight sales, despite the "counselor" phrasing

Family Service Counselor (Former Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Stewart Enterprises

Pros: On nice days, it was enjoyable to drive the golf… Cons: The job is basically about selling preplanned funeral services to older people on fixed incomes or upselling to… Advice to Senior Management: It would be nice if the official corporate spiel about caring for families… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't even think about this job...

Family Sales Counselor (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Stewart Enterprises

Pros: Nice people to work with. Can make good money. Cons: Bad schedule ( including weekends, holidays, etc.) No salary although all… Advice to Senior Management: Pay sales counselors a decent salary!! We are doing customer service all day!! You expect us to live with 2 weeks of terrible training??? If… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Stewart Enterprises.

Worked for Stewart Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stewart Enterprises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stewart Enterprises CEO Frank B. Stewart Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Stewart Enterprises employees.