Stock Building Supply
www.stockbuildingsupply.com Raleigh, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

A good experience when times were good, but time to move on

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

ProsRight now, very few. It's all aorund how the business is going. When housing is booming, it's a great place to work. When it's down, so is morale & long term opportunity.

ConsInability of the company to effect the key driver of it's business (housing starts). There's nothing they can do about it, and it has total bearing around their ability to compete, offer opportunity to employees, and be a stable organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have too much mgmt for the current business structure. Total employees have been reduced by nearly 90%, but VP titles (or above) are only down 1. Same is true at the operations. Too many chiefs, probably about the right amount of indians.

It was a good learning experience

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Stock Building Supply

Pros: It is a large company with good benefits, room for advancement,… Cons: I believe it was mismanaged with too many managers and not enough associates. They did… Advice to Senior Management: There were too many managers and not enough associates. Management needed to concentrate… More

My leadership abilities were recognized and I was given the latitude needed to carry out my job.

Location Manager (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Stock Building Supply

Pros: The people were great. Low turnover Monthly meetings providing a link of… Cons: Was a public company which made the dollar almighty and brought in Sarbans Oxley. Sales… More
There are newer reviews on Stock Building Supply.

Worked for Stock Building Supply? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stock Building Supply reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stock Building Supply CEO Jeff Rea. All reviews posted anonymously by Stock Building Supply employees.