There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

Discriminatory, Unfair, and they don't care about you or the families

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor
Former Employee - Family Service Counselor

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

absolutely none. The atmosphere was predatory, there are little chance of making money because if you don't make quota one week, you are sent outside to greet customers for the next week ( punishment) Discrimination is not handled at all. Old timers get all the leads and they get the numbers. Unprofessional management with no education at all. Who can survive on $200.00 a week and they don't want you there anyway. Its all preneed and in my cemetery, graves were $23,000. In this economy? So overpriced it is insane. NO training. You cannot be an empathetic human and work here.

Cons

All of the above because there are no positives . If you are nice- stay away. All they want are numbers and they prey on the elderly to the point of harrassment. It was a hellacious experience working with monsters.

Advice to Management

Know what you are doing and who you are hiring. Maybe these are the kind of people you want. If so, then you will retain the reputation that cemetery people are snakes.

reviews filtered by

My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be.

Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales
    Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

Cons

The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Advice to Management

Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

2. I love working for this company as there's endless opportunities and the gratification of helping families.

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor Supervisor in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor Supervisor in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's a lot pros working for this company, such as the people are really supportive, the park I work at is really beautiful, very close to home avoiding traffic, helping families is very rewarding, educating families to protect their love ones is inspiring, and the compensation plan is fantastic in making a difference for my family.

Cons

Some of the cons working for StoneMor are the processes, such as we are still using files systems to manage accounts, there's no technology system in place (reporting, finance, account management, pipeline, leads), there's no automation available for all the paper work needed, training is not in an orderly fashion, and there's a disconnect with all departments working together as one organization (Sales, Administration, Funeral).

Advice to Management

My advise to management are the following:
    - New hired employees should have a training schedule in place from the beginning
    - To assist management with better reporting and employees to managed accounts and leads, a CRM system will need to be implemented.
    - I recommend activating a customer service department to alleviate family complaints and issues, this will allow the sales team to concentrate directly with sales.
    - Create a program that will allow each location to develop channel partnership with industry companies.
    - Geo-targeted marketing campaigns
    - Design a brand awareness that will bring all locations as one brand.
    - Have an HR personnel in each location that's familiar with the state laws.

There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor