There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

Lies, betrayal, evil, greed, clueless, thieves. Pretty much sums up the upper management.

Former Employee - Grounds Crew
Former Employee - Grounds Crew

I worked at StoneMor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work outdoors.

Cons

They lie to you from the start. Never trust them! The pre-installs are a joke. Once you see one opened up you'll understand. They will give you any excuse they can to not give you a pay raise and they'll raise your insurance. If your in sales they'll give you 3 chances to make your quota. If you don't then you're gone. Oh and no overtime pay. Even though they charge the families. They put making money in front of servicing the families. Most management would not be considered for part time seasonal workers in my book. If the share holders knew what current and former employees knew they would drop their stock ASAP.

Sell your company. You couldn't make it as Loewen group and now you're doing pre-installs that are illegal. Well, maybe their legal in some states but I bet the state leaders have never seen one done. Learn how to treat your employees with respect and dignity. Quit thinking you're Gods.

58 Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor (View Most Recent)

Discriminatory, Unfair, and they don't care about you or the families

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

absolutely none. The atmosphere was predatory, there are little chance of making money because if you don't make quota one week, you are sent outside to greet customers for the next week ( punishment) Discrimination is not handled at all. Old timers get all the leads and they get the numbers. Unprofessional management with no education at all. Who can survive on $200.00 a week and they don't want you there anyway. Its all preneed and in my cemetery, graves were $23,000. In this economy? So overpriced it is insane. NO training. You cannot be an empathetic human and work here.

Cons

All of the above because there are no positives . If you are nice- stay away. All they want are numbers and they prey on the elderly to the point of harrassment. It was a hellacious experience working with monsters.

Know what you are doing and who you are hiring. Maybe these are the kind of people you want. If so, then you will retain the reputation that cemetery people are snakes.

My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be.

Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales
    Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

Cons

The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor