There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

Wow Really!

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Charleston, WV
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, WV

I worked at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good pay scale for earnings off commission if you are at a decent park.

Cons

Very unmotivating conference calls two or three times a week. Trying to motivate by telling you that they will replace you just doesnt work. This company installs vaults in their cemeteries before the family needs it, the problem with this is that the vaults probably wont be any good by the time the family needs it, secondly there wont be any money in trust to replace it if under new ownership. The upper management expects you to turn around a cemetery in a matter of weeks that has been struggling for years. Just bad business.

Be more open to the changes taking place in the marketplace, open the doors to cremation products. Offer packages for cremation and promote it. If not just continue to rape and pillage your files and keep your eyes shut to what really is going on. And I was just replaced after 6 weeks, the first month we struggled but were over pace for the month and I had written more than half the budget personally. so you made a huge mistake by replacing me with a former manager that was getting ready to be fired at another cemetery outside the company for not selling. But I guess he was friends with the regional boss. So I will tell you that I will make sure that the very few excellent counselors that here in this market stay far away from any stonemor properties.

54 Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor (View Most Recent)

Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Memphis, TN

I worked at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upstanding company policy offsets sometimes shady practices by individual employees. "Family Service Counselors"---read: Salesman. Minimum wage plus commission. It works if you work it. Decent products that genuinely please people. Full disclosure seldom.

Cons

Not many married people in the bus. Long hours; weekends. Relocate to advance.

eye opening

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greenville, SC

I worked at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

Pros

every week you get paid either minium pay or commision which ever is the greatest.

Cons

managers that aren't fair, steal leads, you can only turn in 40 hours a week even though you work more like 50-60 7 days a week, if you turn in more than 40 you will be written up. constant threats of losing your job, if you dont produce 16000. a month, every month. this company pays the lowest commisions of any in this area, and there are quite a few. bad behavior is from managers are praised and promoted with this company.

please are the conference calls that degrade you really needed.

There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!