There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

Worst Job I've Ever Had

Former Contractor - Sales Counselor in Sedalia, MO
Former Contractor - Sales Counselor in Sedalia, MO

I worked at StoneMor as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros that I can think of

Cons

Training is non-existent, the pay is abysmal, management doesn't give a darn, constantly changing quotas, lack of support, office manager lied about salary/compensation. My two weeks of paid training was actually 12 total hours of training in 3 days and then I was thrown to the wolves basically and told to sell.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and the people they are trying to help. This is a job that's hard enough as is, but the ridiculous quotas you set, especially for the smaller cemeteries, is ridiculous especially with the lack of training you provide.

reviews filtered by

Wow Really!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, WV

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very good pay scale for earnings off commission if you are at a decent park.

Cons

Very unmotivating conference calls two or three times a week. Trying to motivate by telling you that they will replace you just doesnt work. This company installs vaults in their cemeteries before the family needs it, the problem with this is that the vaults probably wont be any good by the time the family needs it, secondly there wont be any money in trust to replace it if under new ownership. The upper management expects you to turn around a cemetery in a matter of weeks that has been struggling for years. Just bad business.

Advice to Management

Be more open to the changes taking place in the marketplace, open the doors to cremation products. Offer packages for cremation and promote it. If not just continue to rape and pillage your files and keep your eyes shut to what really is going on. And I was just replaced after 6 weeks, the first month we struggled but were over pace for the month and I had written more than half the budget personally. so you made a huge mistake by replacing me with a former manager that was getting ready to be fired at another cemetery outside the company for not selling. But I guess he was friends with the regional boss. So I will tell you that I will make sure that the very few excellent counselors that here in this market stay far away from any stonemor properties.

Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor in Memphis, TN

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Upstanding company policy offsets sometimes shady practices by individual employees. "Family Service Counselors"---read: Salesman. Minimum wage plus commission. It works if you work it. Decent products that genuinely please people. Full disclosure seldom.

Cons

Not many married people in the bus. Long hours; weekends. Relocate to advance.

There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor