StoneMor
www.stonemor.com Levittown, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Proceed with caution

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsFor a person with initiative and a thick skin, its a great place. There is a chance to make money, but not a lot of support to do it.
You are providing a needed service-at a grossly inflated price. If you can live with that, sign on.
Easy to like and work for at a local level, its the upper management that makes you reconsider.

ConsWhere to start? The admin in our office calls this company "Flint-StoneMor" because they are so far behind the times in the way they operate. Imagine all the sales staff in our office sharing one computer, not having individual email addresses ( or any company provided email or websites).
There is only one thing that matters to upper management-numbers. Sell,sell,sell. Put in lots of effort, done everything right but have not made your #? out you go. This organization is first and foremost about profits to shareholders, secondarily paying upper management salaries. Customers? Employees? F them all.
Upper management's idea of encouragement is daily conference calls haranguing location managers to get higher numbers. They expect to get blood out of a stone.
Advertising and marketing is non existent or ineffective. The company mind set is several decades out of whack-the text heavy, no graphics print only marketing they do is off putting and scares away more prospects than it draws.Or worse yet, just get tossed with out being
seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have the cart before the horse, the tail is wagging the dog. It is 2013, join the real world, look around and adopt technology and modern marketing to compete in a fair way. Advertise!
Create an environment where the customer comes first, employees are supported and the shareholders are taken care of last.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Open minded and relaxed atmosphere. Managers will let you make your own mistake and learn from it.… Cons: Low pay, but advancement opportunities are often available. Just have… Advice to Senior Management: More frequent performance review to track progress and keep employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good

N/A (Former Employee)
    Levittown, PA

I worked at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great company with many perks and very "homey" feeling company Cons: Non really. I was looking for higher pay. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on StoneMor.

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StoneMor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for StoneMor CEO Lawrence Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by StoneMor employees.