StoneMor
www.stonemor.com Levittown, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be.

"Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at StoneMor

ProsThere is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

ConsThe company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Advice to Senior ManagementThough I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

Opportunity knocks simply open the door~

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee)
Lafayette, CA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

Pros: It's a very rewarding feeling helping families make one of their biggest decisions in life. Most importantly educating families so they can make a… Cons: The data access is still in the stone age using a file system and at times data is redundant in different locations. Having a… Advice to Senior Management: I have a lot of great ideas especially ways to separate ourselves from our competitors. Being innovative will allow Stonemor to become the leaders… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales and dipping into trust funds are the only focus

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I enjoy working at the cemetery where I am. I feel it is a really important and meaningful job to take… Cons: The corporation only cares about their stock holders. No raises for field employees for 2014. Even costs of living raises were not given for 2014… Advice to Senior Management: Regional Sales Managers need to be more motivational not threatienng. Corp needs to improve the properties and not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on StoneMor.

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StoneMor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for StoneMor CEO Lawrence Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by StoneMor employees.