StoneMor

www.stonemor.com
  www.stonemor.com
There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be.

Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales
Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

Cons

The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

59 Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor (View Most Recent)

Excellent

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

Excellent Co To Work For

Cons

The Hourly Wage Should Be More Considerate

Run Run Run

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Burlington, NC

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

This is a motivating Job in which you help families on the worst day of their lives. Unfortunately the Company is Sales Driven.

Cons

There is no balance between work and life balance. Employees that last truly care about the families and battle for them constantly. This is a HERO to ZERO job.

REGROUP