Overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Property Accountant in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Property Accountant in Englewood, CO

I worked at Stonebridge Companies

Pros

They hire people with very little experience for substandard wages. This is a good way to get experience in the hospitality industry. They often hire people who are not qualified for their jobs and with little or no experience. Once you get in you will make a lot of mistakes and get none to very little support but you can really learn alot about the industry. It is very sink or swim and tons of overwork but you can really move up quickly as people leave the company for better paying jobs at other companies. This can allow you to get some great experience and move up the ladder more quickly.

Cons

They tend to use up people. People are constantly moving on to better paying jobs at other companies. This means that there are often voids in staff and they expect others to pitch in and get things done. It is a constant situation of understaffing. Since they don't offer standard rates of compensation positions go unfilled for long periods of time. There is not sense of urgency until the owner of the company or an investor needs information. Often the company does not pay for adequate systems or doesn't plan so after investing the minimum they have to "redo" or they run out.

Advice to Management

Things would go more smoothly if people were paid adequately and positions were staffed adequately.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The Future is Bright

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time

Pros

the companies plan for the future are very aggressive and if you commit you will see an opportunity for future growth.

Cons

with the technology that is available in the market place a lot of the process are still done with pen and paper causing a lot of rework and inconsistency. These are things that will be figured out as the growth continues.

Advice to Management

trust your property to run the business

2. Wasn't What I Expected

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time

Pros

The Company is committed to growth. The projects in the pipeline in some major markets gives you a great indication of that commitment. The company does have a stellar reputation in hospitality community.

Cons

The commitment to growth will only benefit a certain few in the company and is limited only to the portfolio size. There's a group of the elite few in the company that are "taken care of" and everyone else is just a body thats expendable. Personal/Professional growth is NOT a priority. Your just a body to process the volume associated with the portfolio. They will let you do the same thing in the company forever if you allowed it. As is the case with many of the corporate employees. They don't promote professional growth through continuing education related to the field. They continually look outside the company to fill vacant positions. They demand the best talent but GROSSLY under-pay compared to market value.

Advice to Management

I was familiar with the company prior to my employment and was excited, to say the least, to be a part of something that from the outside seems great. The information communicated during the interview process was misleading. After a few months I quickly realized I had made a mistake and started planning my way out. I admit the people at the company are great and they were the reason I may have stayed a little bit longer than I should have. But just generally disappointed with the disconnect between the reputation and the actual internal operation of the company. I understand most companies don't actually live up to all of your expectations but this one fell really short.