There are newer employer reviews for Stoneriver

Good company and talented people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Stoneriver

Pros

StoneRiver is a good place to work. Management has done a great job in managing expenses and protecting jobs during the economic downturn. Clients are always treated fairly and our employees always 'do the right thing' when dealing with clients. This has helped StoneRiver keep long-term relationships with its clients, despite difficult economic times. The company has a healthy work/life attitude.

Cons

Company has struggled with marketing its newest platforms due to timing and market conditions. Health benefits are not as good as they were historically and are getting more expensive.

Keep focused on promoting our new platforms. Once they gain a foothold in the market, they will prove their worth. Continue working on employee satisfaction, they are the company's single biggest asset.

87 Other Employee Reviews for Stoneriver (View Most Recent)

A big move, not regretted!

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Stoneriver

Pros

Positive work environment.
    Quality employees who aren't afraid to work.
    Flexibility in hours, working from home, leaving for appointments etc.
    "Fun" events regularly. Hockey games, bingo, etc.
    Management is easy to talk to, accepts input.
    Take client feedback very seriously. Most software enhancements are received directly from our customer base.

Cons

Vacation is limited to 2 weeks to start. For someone who was at the same company for nearly 14 years, going from 4 weeks of vacation to two was a hard transition. While I made the jump anyway, I can see this keeping many people from seriously considering a position here.

Keep going with the positive messages. There will always be those who scoff and react negatively. It's much easier to be negative and spread that negativity but it's worth the effort to overcome it! And please look into faster accrual of vacation time.

A great insurance industry software company focused on customer satisfaction and long term relationships

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Stoneriver

Pros

The people - dedicated to success of their customers and a sprit de corp of willing to help each other to that end. A team educated and experienced in the insurance industry that applies their skills to the success of their customers and each other. StoneRiver has a dedication to their existing clients while focused on developing products that insurers need in the future for competitive advantage and profit improvement

Cons

Areas of improvement may be in the communication internally and externally of the successes and vision of the company. Meetings to communicate to employees are focused on an annual or bi-annual basis as a total group. More communications that bring people/teams togehter face to face more often would be helpful even if on a smaller basis.

This advice is to all levels of management; Bring your teams togehter and do more brainstorming of ideas. Teams that are on the front line experience life through a differnt prism and ideas and recommnedations from the dedicated and experienced people may be invaluable in the directing the vision of the company. It also may help with new ideas on a day-to-day focus on how to delight our customers now and in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Stoneriver

Worked for Stoneriver? Contribute to the Community!