There are newer employer reviews for Stop & Shop

Great place to work as a college student to build your job skills and experience!

Pros

Great hours Union Job Benefits after 6 months (Vision, Dental, Health) Managers are very helpful (Where I work that is)

Cons

Minimum wage Overall, its a decent company to work for if your a college student. Just be nice to your managers.

Advice to Management

You should give drug tests to your employees before hiring them. Almost every company does this, so they don't hire a pothead.

Other Employee Reviews for Stop & Shop

1. Company is damaging to mental health of its employees

Pros

usually plenty of hours available for those who actually work hard. employees who do not work hard often get away with it if they are managers favorites.

Cons

Expectations are damaging to the mental health of its employees. Management has no support from corporate. Managers are exempt employees meaning they have no union support and can be terminated on hearsay.

Advice to Management

Corporate and human resources needs to stand behind their management teams. many of the managers are lifers, and have no other options outside of the company. termination of management should be considered very carefully and all aspects investigated fully before making the decision to terminate.

2. Good place to work

Former Employee - Produce Clerk
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk

Pros

I advanced from pushing carts to cashier and then to produce associate. To me they recognized hard work and promote accordingly, but to a limit. The managers I dealt with daily were helpful and easy to work with.

Cons

Not many, I had a good experience. I left because I began attending school in a different state. I think some of the quality of the associates were lacking, but for the positions they were in it didn't matter too much.

Advice to Management

I think some of the employees could use more training and that should be a bigger focus of the managers attention.