Stop & Shop

www.stopandshop.com
  www.stopandshop.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stop & Shop

Frustrating

Former Employee - Part Time Assistant Customer Service Department Head in New Fairfield, CT

I worked at Stop & Shop part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people that I worked with were always great. As a young ACSDH, I was treated with the utmost respect by the majority of my peers. Stop & Shop was also very forgiving for minor mistakes.

Cons

There were too many unnecessary policies. At the end of my employment we needed to have cashiers sign off daily that they knew about the "6 Step to Outstanding Customer Service" because there were a few poor performers. Additionally, our store manager was not extremely agreeable.

Employees are customers too.

390 Other Employee Reviews for Stop & Shop (View Most Recent)

corporation run by the Deutschmark

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Stop & Shop part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

not much is expected to get done and slot of time it is very slow and you can do things that aren't as bad as talking to the mystery shopper because they're always concerned with the mystery shopper, you need to greet the mystery shopper. when you see the mystery shopper it will be very obvious, said the management team at stop and shop. the food you can eat on your break and the length of break and the union making you safe

Cons

the store managers because they're obnoxious and corporate people aren't good at doing anything and the prices are too high so people don't like you and aren't happy to see you

they really seem to know how to do nothing

Great job for students or as your 1st job but lackluster for a permanent position.

Former Employee - Cashier in Malden, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Malden, MA

I worked at Stop & Shop part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours can be flexible al long you ask your manager, many co-workers are great to be around, many positions that you can use to find what your best at and you can ask your manager for that position permanetly, good benefits for full-timers.

Cons

True cons- You will meet an bad customer about every other day you work there (some are worse than others) making requests for schedule changes or an off day are stupid (why make a request two weeks before the prior day or week?) Seasonal pay increase should be a bit higher instead of 20. cents.

Opionated cons- My manager was horrible to get along with, especially if your on his/her bad side. Strange customers occasionally visit the store to cause disturbances.

Just one quote

“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
    -Albert Einstein