There are newer employer reviews for Stop & Shop

College Job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Worcester, MA
Former Employee - Cashier in Worcester, MA

I worked at Stop & Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours they can be understanding of students needs and change in schedules. You can gain a better understanding of healthy eating if you take the time. If in a plaza location you can get all your shopping needs done at once.

Cons

On your feet almost all the time, sometime you are asked to stay longer if someone does not show up for their shift. One can become frustrated with coupons or keeping up with new promotions.

Look into selling more organic food.

357 Other Employee Reviews for Stop & Shop (View Most Recent)

Good High School Job

Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Customer Service Department Head
    Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Customer Service Department Head

I have been working at Stop & Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked here for 2 years in high school
    Amazing part time benefits- paid vacation and sick hours after one year
    Flexible scheduling and easy to take days off
    Got promoted after 3 months

Cons

Low wages but raises twice a year

My managers are very kind and friendly, only thing I would improve is to have better communication

Like being in high school, only you don't get any recognition for a job well done.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Stop & Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

The employee discount is the only benefit to working at S&S. You get a 15 minute break on a 4-7 hour shift. You make about $32 for 4 hours of work.

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, bleak atmosphere. If you're between 19-25 and friendly with CSDH you (apparently) don't have to do any work and will never get reprimanded.

Raises should be based on performance, not time spent in position. Night employees dump all the work onto one cashier and one extra person and run wild/hang out/do nothing (this includes floor supervisors). I worked very hard while I was there while I watched others chase each other around, throw things, yell unprofessionally in front of customers and it was largely ignored because important people (upper management) are only in the store during the day. If you want/need an extra job where you can (if you so choose) do almost nothing and get paid min wage, by all means, go for it. If you have work ethic and are frustrated by ignorant, lazy people, stay away.

There are newer employer reviews for Stop & Shop

Worked for Stop & Shop? Contribute to the Community!