Storm8

www.storm8.com

Some growing pains but really good culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

ProsPeople are awesome, hard working and talented.
Everyone is very respectful of each other and super chill. Not a lot of drama.
Very top light. Founders are super nice.
Lots of real gamers work here, which means that lots of people are always pushing for fun and game-play, which is rare in free to play casual game development.
Pimp your desk competition where the studio gives you money to make your desk unique.
Dog friendly.
Culture is somehow being kept, despite the rapid growth. There is a focus on hiring nice people.
Very well-stocked kitchen.
Good benefits package, gym in the vicinity is basically free.

ConsFounders are very involved, which sometimes is bad, and sometimes good.
Decision making tends to be driven by money making more than fun, but there are enough people fighting for fun that generally some fun is achieved by the time a game submits.
Hard to have your hard work acknowledged unless the game is monetizing well.
Loud work environment. Feels crammed sometimes.
Sticking to quarterly plans doesn't always happen. Lots of last minute crunching.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you are present through the development of each project, if you are going to be involved. It's frustrating to have directors and founders be absent through the beginning of a project, only to swoop down and make tons of demands towards the end. Also, make sure to reward people's hard work regardless of the success of the game.

This Company is nothing more than a Money-Greedy Zynga Clone

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Storm8 full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Friendly artists, designers, and producers. - Chance to make you own title once every 6 months during the company's "Hackathon" event. - Free lunches & dinners… Cons: - The games Storm8 makes are all clones of titles Zynga or Popcap make that are proven to be profitable. Up until now, Storm8 is… Advice to Senior Management: - Take RISKS, take RISKS, take RISKS. I would absolutely KILL to see Storm8 try for a game that's not some stupid clone of something… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome culture!

I have been working at Storm8 full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people we get to work with everyday are incredibly talented and the… Cons: The company is growing at a very fast rate so things get a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work and continue growing this company! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Storm8.

Worked for Storm8? Contribute to the Community!