Storm8

www.storm8.com

A Successful Young Company Pursing Greatness

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

As a bootstrap mobile social game company, Storm8 is extremely successful, especially in the passed year. I was blessed and honored for witnessing this as an employee. On one hand, it just got 10M DAU. On the other hand, the number of employees got doubled.
Working in Storm8, I am surrounded by talented, hardworking and extraordinarily friendly coworkers. The way that people are organized inside company is very efficient. Whenever I have questions with my task, I can always find someone to ask and get helped.
For who has passion about work, Storm8 is a great place to go. Here, you will get credit for everything you have accomplished. And you are encouraged to bring up your own ideas.
Though different team leaders have different working style. I am very satisfied with mine. He is really accommodating and has a good perception of how to incent people.
Other things:
Free lunch and diner / All kinds of snack / Gym membership

Cons

In terms of product development, sometimes I feel our company is too concentrate on doing things fast. Time is important, but it is not the only thing, especially for a company that is already doing a good job on its field. As the company size getting bigger, doing things in the right way might benefit us more in the long run.
At the same time, I also feel Storm8 is too afraid of taking risk. I think it is probably because we always want our products to cover as many users/devices as possible.

Doubled workforce does not necessarily means doubled speed. It can also means making things twice better. Probably our code review standard should be regulated and provide more thorough training for we engineers. Instead of trying to make all features universal among our products, maybe we can start some products with new technology targeting for specific devices that can support. In this way, we can get sufficient practice. By the time those new things can be used universally, they will be already fully tested. Great chances always comes with risks. I am looking forward to Storm8 making a difference in this industry.

Other reviews for Storm8

Best Mobile/Social Company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Dedicated and talented people, rewarding environment with sane working hours. Compared to other social/mobile companies I've worked for, this is heaven. Crunch is pretty much non-existent. Never grinding for months on end on the same game.

Cons

A bit less creative freedom than I'd like. Too many safe choices in what is worked on, not enough risk taking. Wish we could do more innovative things.

Take some more risks and allow your talented people to create the stuff you hire them to do!

Great place to learn and grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- Management proactively develops and invests in their people.
    - Great corporate culture - extremely collaborative and fun
    - Ability to really expand yourself into lots of different areas of interests
    - Exciting to be a part of such a successful and growing company

Cons

- Commute : Storm8 is only located in Redwood City, CA

There are newer employer reviews for Storm8.

Worked for Storm8? Contribute to the Community!