There are newer employer reviews for Storm8

Great work environment with awesome people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Storm8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Storm8 is an awesome place to work. People are always given opportunities to expand their skills and grow with the company. A passion for quality work is balanced with a fun, friendly atmosphere. Even with 200 people, Storm8 has a great sense of community, fostered by communal meals, company outings and parties, and lots of game rooms.

Cons

At the end of the day, Storm8 is focused on profit. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - everyone needs to get paid (and those free catered meals won't pay for themselves). But it can sometimes stifle creativity, and lead to decisions based on the bottom line, not based on making best-in-class products.

More hackathons! More opportunities to develop and nurture original ideas. Small, dedicated teams that come up with original ideas and pitch them to the company every month.

Storm8 Response

May 6, 2014People Team

We definitely would love to host more Hackathons so that our teams can share more original ideas internally. We appreciate your excitement!

23 Other Employee Reviews for Storm8 (View Most Recent)

Refreshing to work with a super passionate and talented team

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Storm8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are super friendly, super smart and very passionate about what they do. Everyday is different. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Benefits are great too -- free food, 100% health coverage for dependents, which is amazing. Really great trajectory for the company.

Cons

Too many snack options can be a challenge if you want to stay fit! Luckily, we have free gym membership :P

Stay accessible as we continue our super fast growth!

Storm8 Response

May 6, 2014People Team

We're glad that you share the same excitement about working at Storm8 as we do! Definitely struggling with how much food we get around here, too! :)

Amazing place to work!

I have been working at Storm8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Storm8 has been one of the best companies I've worked at. The people are extremely friendly and talented with great ideas. The culture is wonderful and it's the only place where I can proudly say where I am happy to come in to work everyday. Another plus? You can bring your dog to work!

Cons

Could get competitive and you don't get any type of pay raise unless you get a title bump, which can be difficult with either a bad manager or having a social life.

Take more risks when it comes to innovation and originality. Also, managers should strive to be better connected to their team and work more to help their team build upon their ideas instead of just telling them what to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Storm8

Worked for Storm8? Contribute to the Community!