Stout Risius Ross, Inc.
www.srr.com Chicago, IL 50 to 149 Employees

Growing firm with growing pains

I have been working at Stout Risius Ross, Inc.

ProsHighly entrepreneurial culture that empowers employees to improve the firm. Very client-oriented, which contributes to lasting client relationships. Open management style keeps all levels informed on a quarterly basis. High standards for analytical and technical capabilities. Strong internal information sharing to improve collective work product. Adequate-to-strong infrastructure.

ConsUpper management often makes rash senior level hiring decisions. Over time, the emphasis on growth has limited the perceived importance of internal development. Work-life balance is difficult to achieve (although that is, admittedly, emblematic of growing companies and the consulting industry in general). Origination credit has historically been focused on firm contribution, but that has trended towards a "me first" attitude amongst directors and MDs in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sacrifice the positive characteristics of the firm (strong internal development, team attitude, cohesive culture, high technical standards, good people) in favor of growth.

Young, rapidly growing firm - highly recommended

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Private company with only a few hundred employees; minimal bureaucracy - Quarterly meeting where management presents financial results and firm happenings (unheard of for a… Cons: - Hours usually longer than your standard 40-50 hour week -… Advice to Senior Management: - Organize more team building events on an office-wide basis (e.g. baseball games, happy hours, etc.) -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent, growing company with strong long-term goals

I have been working at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great culture Collaborative environment Intriguing work Cons: Long hours Compensation may not pay for all the hours Looking to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Stout Risius Ross, Inc..

Worked for Stout Risius Ross, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stout Risius Ross, Inc. CEO Craige L. Stout. All reviews posted anonymously by Stout Risius Ross, Inc. employees.