Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP

www.stradley.com
  www.stradley.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP

Was just there for a summer program but absolutely loved it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, I had a very good experience, if I were to continue in law this is where I would want to work in terms of culture.

Cons

It's a corporate law firm.. there are some moral drawbacks to that for some people.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP (View Most Recent)

If you follow ALL the rules, you won't have a problem working at Stradley.

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stradley pays a very good salary, the benefits are great, and the people you work with are very nice, for the most part.

Cons

There are too many rules to follow. You can't be even one minute late without hearing about it. Of course, if you work 10 minutes past your quitting time, that's fine -- but don't expect to get paid. You are not allowed to access the internet during your lunch hour, which isn't fair. You're on your own time and the firm shouldn't have a say as to what you do during that hour.

Don't be so strict with your employees. Be fair when an employee is late. There are acceptable reasons for that. Recognize their worth, and reward them for it.

Good environment but relatively low pay.

Current Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly people. Generally high level attorneys and high level work. Clients vary from very large companies to smaller companies that can barely afford the fees.

Cons

Pay scale is lower than at slightly larger firms. Bonuses are very weak if given at all. Sometimes I wonder about the abilities of some of the partners, especially those who have been here as the firm has grown. But I suppose that is the situation with any firm of this size or larger.

1) If people can make more money going in house, they will go.

2) There is no reason to go through a compensation committee process if salary adjustments only vary by a couple of percent. Just make it lock-step and save everyone some time and grief. If someone does an exceptional job, that's what bonuses are for.

There are newer employer reviews for Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP