StratMar

There are newer employer reviews for StratMar

Stratmar Retail Services review

Former Employee - Sales Manager
Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at StratMar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Needs to pay what people are worth and better benefits

29 Other Employee Reviews for StratMar (View Most Recent)

Good for short term, definitely not for long term

Current Employee - Vendor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vendor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at StratMar part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well the pay is really good. Most commission jobs have a low base pay or none at all. Stratmar starts you off with $12/hr plus commission.

The shifts are short, usually either 4 or 6 hours. That's really all the good stuff.

Also, you work in an airport. That's kind of fun. You get to talk to people from all over the country for a short amount of time.

Cons

Now this is a long list. First, the management. When I was first hired, there were two managers who were there almost all the time. And when they weren't there, they could always be reached by phone. Then about two months in, they fired one of the managers (they told us because they didn't want to pay two manager salaries). Literally 2 hours after this, the other manager got us all on a conference call to discuss an assistant manager promotion that just opened up. What? Then, the remaining manager came into work less and less. In the past few months, I've only seen him twice.

Next the scheduling. While the schedule is pretty flexible, and you can pretty much set what hours you can and can't work, you will be called in constantly. Either someone called off or someone decided they want you to come in for extra help. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't at ridiculous hours. The kiosk opens at 6 am everyday, and the manager will call you at 11pm. The schedules are given out the day before they start, i.e. They come out on Sundays for a work week that starts on Monday. It's incredibly frustrating and impossible to plan your week out.

The job itself. It's challenging. At Midway, you are working for Chase selling Southwest Visa cards. The majority of the job is trying to grab peoples's attention and convince them to sign up for the card. Some days are good, most days are normal, some days are bad. The company goal is for everyone to have at least 1 application per hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but there aren't a whole lot of people who want another credit card these days. In a six hour shift, I average about 3-4. Some people do better than that, some people do worse. If you don't reach the goal, you have to either write an action plan or talk to the manager over the phone and explain why. They'll ask you what you can work on to improve your performance, but nothing you say is good enough for them.

Get in touch with the floor employees more. On site managers are sketchy in their scheduling.

Worse process ever!!

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at StratMar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. The process was long and unnecessary.

Cons

Not sure if they have improved on anything in two years but when I was there, there was no organization. It took almost a month of sending and receiving things BY MAIL before I was able to start working. They switched the pay structure once I started. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Get things together. Maybe model some of the other programs like yours in the airport that are doing better.

There are newer employer reviews for StratMar