High Turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strata Decision Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexiblity with schedule as there isn't really any management, overview.
Young, fun co-workers.

Cons

There is absolutely zero leadership, organization, job growth, empowerment here. A lot of the employees stay here because 1) they are foreign and Strata pays for them to continue to have their work visa after they graduate from college, not a lot of employers do this 2) it is their first job out of college and they don't know any better.

There is a lot of gossip and office drama here as well. I saw massive turnover in the very short time I was here. Do yourself a favor and walk away from this mess.

Take a step back and figure out some team organization and look closer at the employee-employee relationships as there are many people in there that need to be let go.

Strata Decision Technology Response

Mar 22, 2013Director

As an employee who has been with the company for 9 years, I can say that the comments made in this post are are not a true relection of where the company is today. Employee turnover is at an all ... More

Other Reviews for Strata Decision Technology

Opportunities abound

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work is fast-paced and ever-evolving, which is not always common place in the the healthcare sector, which itself is evolving. Because the company is small and nimble, you have an opportunity to grow into many roles as well as expose yourself to rapid product development and new technologies. I love my job because every day I'm faced with fresh challenges and opportunities to work with smart people and advance my own career.

Cons

The work hours can be demanding during busy times of the year, but the personal satisfaction of helping the healthcare industry operate more effectively and more strategically is tremendously rewarding.

Keep pushing hard on the career & personal development of your employees and keep a strong focus on improving the client experience.

Great Company that is Helping to Change Healthcare

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strata Decision is a really cool company that is focused on changing the healthcare delivery system in it's own way - through better planning, cost assessment and financial analytics. The ultimate goal for clients is to give them software solutions that support their mission of providing high quality care in a cost effective manner. The team (from engineers to implementation consultants to quality assurance) is completely dedicated to that mission.

I would describe the culture of the company in 3 words: 1. Passionate 2. Innovative 3. Smart. People with these characteristics end up really exceling in the environment. At all levels, the team is very tight knit. There are regular "all hands" meetings that bring the company together so there is alignment. Also, over the last 90 days there has been a major focus placed on staff development through formal programs. All team members are involved in the sessions to keep advancing their skill sets and their careers.

Over the years, the company has done a really nice job of staying ahead of the curve through continued advancement of its products and services. It's a really dynamic place where products and services are really evolving to stay ahead of the needs of hospital CFOs and finance teams.

Strata Decision has great plans for the future and I am excited to be part of the continued evolution.

Cons

The company has a number of really important, valuable initiatives (staff development, client experience, product advancement etc.). Sometimes the number of initiatives can seem overwhelming, because they are important. It is however clear that senior management recognizes that there are many initiatives and are now focused on prioritization.

You are focused on the right things to continue advancing the company - keep that focus.

There are newer employer reviews for Strata Decision Technology.

Worked for Strata Decision Technology? Contribute to the Community!